- Citronella essential oil acts as an excellent mosquito repellent
- It has anti-fungal properties
- It eliminates foul body odor
- It uplifts mood
- Citronella Oil Natural
- Botanical Name: Cymbopogon nardus
- Origin: India
- Mode of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Main Constituents: Geraniol, citronellal, limonene, citronelol, dipentene and linalool.
Citronella essential oil Benefits– Famed for its refreshing and invigorating citrus-like aroma, this oil carries versatile properties. It is extracted by steam distillation from the stem and leaves of grass belonging to the Cymbopogon family.
Citronella essential oilis highly preferred for mosquito repellent or bug repellent; hence is touted as a natural insect repellent. It also has analgesic properties and can be used to massage and reduce pain (muscular/ joint pain). Add two to three drops of citronella oil into a carrier oil to get relief from painful knees. Citronella oil is also used for beauty-purpose; it improves skin tone, clears blocked pores, and soothes skin condition.